Scott concentrates his practice in real estate law. He specializes in representing tenants in lease, sublease and ground lease transactions and companies in the acquisition and development of office and industrial facilities. Scott has worked on transactions for Fortune 500 clients throughout the U.S. and Canada and has experience in many foreign countries. He has also represented corporations and developers on real estate acquisition and zoning matters throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. Prior to joining Meltzer Purtill & Stelle, Scott was a partner at the Chicago offices of two international law firms.
Representative Transactions (2016):
- Represented the world’s largest consulting firm in office and call center leases throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Represented, with local counsel, the same client on a build-to-suit lease in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest tire manufacturers in leases and subleases in the U.S., including multiple locations for a new chain of truck tire service centers
- Represented one of the largest U.S. auto parts manufacturers in office and warehouse leases throughout the U.S.
- Represented a major governmental service contractor on leases of facilities primarily in the Washington D.C. area
- Represented a national trucking firm on land acquisition for municipal annexation/zoning of a crossdock terminal in Grayslake, Illinois
- Represented a major Barrington, Illinois area landowner on zoning, utilities and litigation with adjoining landowners