In todays marketplace, where benefits and compensation are key competitive factors in attracting and keeping top talent, effective legal advice is important to businesses in every field. We work with our clients to develop individualized plans and policies that at once address company goals for performance and productivity, meet executive and employee expectations, and minimize exposure to grievances and litigation. Our sample of legal and consulting services include:
- Section 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- Leveraged and non-leveraged ESOPs
- Health, welfare and cafeteria plans
- Equity, quasi-equity and tax deferred compensation arrangements
- Employer/benefits provider contract reviews and revisions to allocate operational risk and ensure maximum flexibility.
Our employee benefits attorneys also work with clients whose needs extend into other related practice areas. For example, we routinely advise clients regarding the impact of mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions on benefit and executive compensation arrangements, developing and implementing effective transitional strategies related to:
- ERISA and other fiduciary duties
- Internal Revenue Code regulations and other published guidance
- IRS and DOL audit
- Federal and state securities law
- Plan terminations and spin-offs.
Our Employee Benefits attorneys also become involved in matters involving estate and business succession planning, in which compensation and employment arrangements often play a critical role. In such cases, our benefits attorneys are prepared to utilize a variety of strategies and devices, including:
- Stock and membership option plans
- Phantom stock plans
- Deferred compensation and other incentive plans.