Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team is dedicated to vigorously protecting our clients’ interests and to achieving the best legal and business solutions when disputes arise. We also strive to provide the highest quality legal and business advice before disputes arise in order to minimize the likelihood and cost of litigation. Our litigators have decades of experience litigating in both state and federal courts in Illinois and elsewhere. We have successfully represented clients at all stages of litigation, from inception to trial to appeal. Although we always vigorously protect our clients’ interests in court, we also recognize the value of alternative dispute resolution, and have helped many of our clients achieve favorable results in arbitration and mediation. MPS represents a wide range of clients in various industries, including financial institutions, real estate developers, manufacturers, insurers, investment funds and more. We have successfully represented our clients in a wide array of disputes and other matters, including:
- Appellate Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Debt Enforcement and Foreclosures
- Employment Disputes
- Financial Fraud Litigation
- Internal Investigations and Compliance
- Intra-Business Disputes and Business Dissolution
- Litigation of Commercial Contracts and Business Torts
- Post-Judgment Enforcement and Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Assisted lenders and banks in obtaining millions of dollars of judgments and property foreclosures.
- Successfully defended a former CEO at a federal jury trial, resulting in verdict of no liability for two substantial claims under False Claims Act.
- Obtained trial verdict in client’s favor for full amount of damages sought in loan enforcement dispute.
- Successfully defended appeal involving a business disruption claim against a bank client.
- Successfully defended appeal removing cloud upon legal title of property zoned for high-rise development