Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC is dedicated to providing high quality, responsive legal services to financial institutions, real estate developers, and the corporate, industrial and retail real estate market. We are business focused and do not undertake consumer transactions. We view ourselves as a resource for our clients, not only to furnish high quality legal services quickly, efficiently and at a reasonable cost, but to advise our clients on material issues and innovative legal opportunities and solutions necessary to maximize the outcome of each matter we undertake. We are a business focused entrepreneurial firm and share the same perspectives and values as our clients. We understand that our clients are looking for collaborative solutions to issues arising in each matter we undertake and we work to recognize issues to provide those solutions.
Our Chicago and suburban real estate practice includes 16 transactional attorneys, 6 litigation attorneys and 4 paralegals concentrating in all areas of real estate transactions, including acquisition, disposition development, land use, and finance. Because of our dedication to commercial real estate, we exceed the real estate capabilities of many national firms in our market.
Representative areas of practice include:
- Serving as primary counsel for national and local homebuilders in Chicago and its suburban communities
- Improved and unimproved land acquisition and disposition
- Land use and entitlement, including annexation, zoning and planned development approvals for complex and mixed-use industrial, office, retail, recreational and residential developments and subdivisions
- Special financing transactions, including tax increment financing, special service area financing, tax credits and incentives, sales and use tax incentives, industrial revenue bonds and other public/private incentives for commercial, industrial, office, retail, recreational and residential real estate uses and development
- Acquisition, development and construction financing
- Commercial, industrial, office and retail leasing
- Construction contracts, including design/build, build to suit, general contracts, contract management relationships and subcontracts
- All aspects of real estate litigation, arbitration and mediation, including contract disputes, landlord-tenant actions, land use, eminent domain and defense of owners and developers in connection with completed projects